Use of the APS online journals implies that User has read and
agrees to the terms and conditions set forth hereunder.
Terms and Conditions
- All materials contained herein, except where explicitly noted, including abstracts are fully copyrighted by the American Physical Society (APS) and are subject to all applicable copyright, database protection, and other rights of APS as copyright owner and publisher under the laws of the United States and other countries. Further distribution of content that has been made available under the terms of the ( or ) must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the published article’s title, journal citation, and DOI.
- Permission to quote excerpts or to reprint any figures or tables should be obtained directly from an author and from APS. APS uses Aptara's SciPris™ platform to manage article and illustration copyright permissions. All permission requests should be made directly from the link to the SciPris™ platform, found on each APS article page. The following copyright note should be included with the republished material: "Copyright (year) by The American Physical Society."
- Individual teachers, students, researchers (or librarians in nonprofit institutions acting on their behalf) may print copies of materials contained herein for use in teaching or research, provided that such copies are not sold.
- Reproduction in a reprint collection, or for advertising or promotional purposes, or republication using the APS formatted version, or in any form, requires express written permission from APS. APS works with Aptara's SciPris™ platform for article and illustration copyright permissions. All permission requests should be made directly from the link to the SciPris™ platform, found on each APS article page.
- Users may not make systematic download of articles, tables of contents, abstracts, or any other information in the APS online journals for mounting on local servers or for any other purpose, whether commercial or not, without the written permission of APS. This includes indiscriminate, mass downloads of search results and the use of robots and net accelerators.
- APS will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the archive contents are complete and accurate. However, APS does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of its archive contents, and does not warrant that access will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the results obtained will be useful or will satisfy User's requirements.
- APS shall not be liable for any delay, downtime, or other failure of performance, but shall use reasonable efforts to correct any material performance problem brought to its attention.
- For other copyright and rights-related questions, please contact email@example.com.